Today, we are proud to announce our partnership with Gokada to launch digital insurance covers across a range of insurance products from trusted underwriters powered by our Digital Insurance Management Solution to protect Consumers, Merchants & Riders.
Being the leader of Nigeria’s largest last-mile delivery service in Nigeria comes with risks to Gokada, its riders, merchants and end consumers.
Our partnership will mitigate these risks by automating the protection insurance provides underwritten by top insurers across Nigeria. It will enable Gokada to optimise access to digital insurance products with Octamile’s digital insurance infrastructure.
Speaking at the launch event, Gbenro Dara, Founder and CEO, said, “We have always said we want to make insurance work for all. Our partnership with Gokada is a testament to our commitment to making insurance accessible to protect the uninsured from financial loss.
We recognise Gokada as a leader in Nigeria’s last-mile delivery service, which provides an opportunity to deepen insurance penetration in Nigeria and make easy access to the protection insurance offers in their ecosystem.”
He continued, “I believe that the work Octamile is doing to build Africa’s Digital Insurance Infrastructure across Claims Automation and Distribution with Octamile’s Embedded Insurance APIs will lead to robust growth for the insurance sector across Nigeria and Africa.”
Some of the areas the partnership will cover are as follows:
- Enable access to Insurance products via Octamile’s Embedded Insurance APIs on Gokada’s platforms and support applying for instant claims through Gokada’s App.
- Embed insurance into Gokada’s Rider/GPartners and GBusinesses onboarding process.
- Automate Gokada’s claims processes for Goods-in-transit insurance (GIT) and rider insurance
- Provide on-demand virtual inspection solution for Riders/GPartners via the Octamile Inspection App
- Partner with Octamile to provide on-demand virtual inspection solutions to insurers in Octamile’s ecosystem via our Inspection App
“Gokada’s strategic collaboration with Nigeria’s digital Insurance firm, Octamile, is targeted at ensuring the safety of our Pilots who ride around the streets to bring comfort to the lives of Lagosians”.
We consider the health and safety of our pilots a top priority, which is why they are thoroughly trained in addition to the improved health and Goods in transit Insurance covers from leading Insurers which Octamile provides us access seamlessly. Our goal is to have zero casualties among our pilots.” said Oluwaseun Omotoso, Chief Operating Officer of Gokada, during the launch event.
We are excited about the lasting impact this partnership will have on consumers, merchants and last-mile delivery riders in Gokada’s ecosystem.
About Octamile: Octamile is an insurtech startup building Africa’s digital insurance infrastructure that enables insurers and B2B businesses to provide easy access to insurance products, thereby protecting them from financial loss.
Our technology solution is making insurance work for insurers, non-insurance businesses and their consumers across insurance claims, insurance product distribution and data for financing and underwriting.
Some of our solutions simplifying access to insurance include:
- Digital Insurance Management Solution: Our solution enables the distribution of insurance products across B2C companies as a stand-alone product or add-on to their existing service or products. Partners like Gokada, VeendHQ, and DriveMe, to name a few, are offering lifestyle, health, auto, life and other customisable insurance products from top underwriters powered by Octamile’s Embedded Insurance APIs.
- Automated Digital Claims: Our end-to-end claims management solution detects fraud, provides a seamless experience and reduces administrative costs for insurers. It empowers insurers like AXAMansard Nigeria to payout claims in less than 60 minutes.
- Data for Financing & Underwriting: Our data tech solution helps improve financing and underwriting decision for increased profitability. Brokers, Banks, Fleet owners, and Online Marketplaces can also leverage this data for car financing, vehicle history and valuation.
Are you a digital platform or app business founder or business leader? Our Embedded Insurance APIs help you create a new revenue stream, improve customer stickiness and deepen insurance penetration across Africa.